Monday, June 6, 2022

Dandelions - The Unseen Beauty

Dandelions - The Unseen Beauty

Dandelions, Like All Things In Nature, Are Beautiful When You Take Time To Pay Attention To Them - June Stoyer

The Lowly Dandelion

Ah.... The dandelion.... When it goes to seed, the dandelion is a single-use "toy" for children (young and old 😉); to the average homeowner it is a weed that needs to be eradicated. When it comes to me, I rather enjoy the way they look when they are yellow and am amazed at the complexity of the head when it goes to seed. It wasn't until I starting working from home full-time in March 2020 that I really discovered the wonder of this lowly weed.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. - Andrew Mason
It was then that I started turning my camera on things I found in my yard and, subsequently, discovered the beauty of many things we simply ignore in our everyday lives. This was the beginning of my "Backyard Boredom" ("Backyard Discoveries") project which proudly included the dandelion. I couldn't go anywhere so I started taking a good look at my back yard for inspiration. You can read all about the project here and here.

When life is not coming up roses look to the weeds and find the beauty hidden within them. - L.F.Young

Brevity is the word of the day and so I am just going to let the images speak for themselves. Let me know your thoughts about the dandelion in the comments below. Are you one who enjoys them or do you immediately reach for the Ortho sprayer to kill them?

If you enjoyed this post, please do me a small favor and share it with others. You will find buttons for many of the popular social media platforms at the bottom of this post. Thank you!


    Technical information:
  • Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i (crop sensor - 1.6 factor)
  • Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
  • Tripod: MeFOTO Roadtrip Classic
  • ISO 100
  • All focal lengths are as-recorded - the full-frame equivalent in parenthesis.
  • Shutter tripped with wired shutter release.



2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!

Featured Post

Art Exhibit - Neon Spring

Neon Spring “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” - Rainer Maria...