Friday, January 21, 2022

Art Exhibit - The Silence of Winter

The Silence of Winter - Art Exhibit

The Silence of Winter

“There is something strange in the silence of a winter view: Something seems to happen, but nothing happens, as if all reality is frozen!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

I am happy to announce that this image, Lone Pine Seedling, has been selected for the Silence of Winter exhibit at The Gallery @ Thompson Park. The show runs February 4th to March 26th, Wednesday to Saturday 12pm-4pm. All artwork is available for sale. You may remember my post from last October announcing my participation in another exhibit at The Gallery - Into the Woods - Art Exhibit.

This image was first featured in my blog post, Playing in the Snow, last February along with others. I love the snow, as long as I don't have to drive on treacherous streets, and try to get out to play whenever possible. One reason I love shooting in the snow is that it simplifies everything; this image is a perfect example. This sapling is growing thru a lot of dead leaves and branches with even more in the background. The snow covers the distractions and all that is left is the tree.

The tree is still growing and I hope to photograph it again after, or during, the next storm. We have only had one substantial snow this year but I was unable to get out. This will be an interesting tree to chronicle over the years - it is right over my property line so I can easily keep an eye on it.

If you cannot make it to the exhibit, you may be able to make a purchase on-line – give them a call or send an email. For more information on this or upcoming exhibits, please email ccarlson@monmouthcountyparks.com, or call 732-842-4000, ext. 3343.

If you enjoyed this post, please do me a small favor and share it with others. You will find buttons for many of the popular social media platforms at the bottom of this post. Thank you!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Joe! Can't wait to see it in real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Padma! I am looking forward to it, too! Congratulations on your two (2) entries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Featured Post

Art Exhibit - Neon Spring

Neon Spring “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” - Rainer Maria...