Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I Am Back with a Few Changes

The sunrise, of course, doesn't care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it. - Gene Amole

I am back

After taking the past two (2) months off, I have decided to continue with this blog. There were times during my hiatus when I thought about quitting for good and there were other times when I found myself at the keyboard getting ready to write. I didn't want to do anything until I was convinced one way or the other.

What is Changing

My main goal is to keep the blog informative but also fun; fun for my readers and for me. That means I will be focusing more on my photography, including the “where”, “what”, “how”, and “why.” My goal will be to publish one (1) or two (2) posts per month on a regular basis, with “special bulletins” if I feel there is something timely that cannot wait. Gone will be the “series” that I have been doing, including “Improve Your Photography”, “Behind the Image”, and “The Jersey Shore.” I had moved “Improve….” to a new blog a while back which is now defunct. Once the pandemic is over, I may start a new blog – “The Real New Jersey” or something like it.

What isn’t Changing

In addition to presenting my work, I will continue to bring interviews, app reviews, and product reviews as they seem to be quite popular and bring value. I will continue to use quotes as inspiration for my work, hopefully you will find them inspiring as well. Lastly, you can count on some humor along the way.

In Closing

I would like to end by thanking you for your support over the past 3 ½ years. If there are any topics you would like to see covered here, please let me know in the comment section below or send me an email – valencia32photo@gmail.com – and I will do my best to bring that content to you.

About The Image

The above image, "Sunrise - Ocean Grove, New Jersey" is my first in quite some time. I was awake and debated about whether to get dressed and drive all the way to the beach - I mean, it's nearly five (5) miles! 😉 I believe I made the right choice as I was treated to a spectacular sunrise. It also gave me an opportunity to disassemble my tripod when I got home as I was not paying close enough attention to the waves and the bottom two sections were treated to a bath a few times - as were my feet and lower legs.... I was quite surprised to discover how much sand had gotten into the legs and locking mechanisms!

    Technical information:
  • Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i
  • Lens: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
  • Tripod: MeFOTO Roadtrip Classic
  • Focal length: 32mm (full-frame equivalent: 52mm)
  • Exposure: 1/15 sec @ f/8.0, ISO 100
  • Focus was set on the rocks approximately in the middle of the jetty.
  • Focus, shutter speed, and aperture were set manually. The shutter was tripped with a wired remote. (Note: I will be discussing "manual" at a later date.)

If you enjoyed this post, please do me a small favor and share it with others. You will find buttons for many of the popular social media platforms at the bottom of this post. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Featured Post

Art Exhibit - Neon Spring

Neon Spring “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” - Rainer Maria...