Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Nature is the art of God eternal. – Dante

I am always on the lookout for something to inspire me - whether it inspire my writing, my photography, or something else. I will often see a quote somewhere and stash it away for safe keeping, just in case. This post is inspired by Dante; yes, the guy who wrote the Divine Comedy.

The beautiful rose shown above was shot at Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown, New Jersey. The name of the rose escapes me, if anyone recognizes it please let me know in the comments section. I was drawn to it by the mix of colors the the lone blossom. You can see there are two buds about to open. Deep Cut Gardens is an incredibly beautiful place to visit and photograph. If you are in the area you owe it to yourself to stop and walk around - there is something to see year-round.

This is a section of the Patriot's Path at Black River Wildlife Management Area in Chester, New Jersey. I spent a lot of time in this part of North Jersey when I was growing up but it was only a few years ago that I discovered this beautiful trail. The river is just beyond the trees to the left. I was there on a beautiful October afternoon a few years ago and ended up walking 3.5 miles along this trail before turning around and walking back to the car. There are several trails that break off to the right and I took one of them to the top of the hill.

Lastly I present a purple iris. There is a small park close to my office called Lake Topanemus Park. I go there often to take walks and shoot during my lunch breaks - I have written about this park before in Birds of New Jersey: The Gray Catbird and you will be reading more about it in the coming months. There are a variety of flowers growing in a small flower garden along the lake, these iris' are just a few.

And so ends my homage to Dante and the beauty of nature.

For more information about the places mentioned here, check out their websites:


All photos are copyright Joseph S. Valencia All Rights Reserved They may not be used in any way without express written permission of the photographer. If you wish to use any of the photos you may contact the photographer at valencia32photo@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Walks in our wooded and open spaces are a highlight to many of my days. Love that rose for the colors and that it isn't completely open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer woods to fields but any time spent out in nature is time well spent. Yes, I love that rose, too. I can't remember the name of it offhand - Betty Boop, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Featured Post

Art Exhibit - Neon Spring

Neon Spring “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” - Rainer Maria...