Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to Exploring Photography with Joe Valencia!

Come with me as I explore the world of photography. I cannot remember a time when I didn't have a camera in my hand but by the time I was a teenager it became a lifelong passion. I have done most types of photography - weddings, portraits, sports, wildlife, landscape, etc... - and have met a lot of great people along the way. It is my intention with this blog to share with you my experiences, my photographs and my knowledge in an entertaining way.

I will be writing many "stand-alone" posts; how I came to shoot a particular photograph, the post-processing done to a photograph or maybe just a topic that I find particularly interesting. There will be opinion pieces and those designed to spark discussion. I will also be doing a number of "series" that teach techniques and explain concepts. There will be some posts that fall into both categories - I am already working on a series dedicated to "Event Photography".

I have had a few good mentors along the way and many more who have contributed to my learning the craft. It is my turn to "pay it forward". If there is a topic you would like to see covered here, let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you. Leave a comment or send me an email at valencia32photo@gmail.com and let me know what is on your mind.

I encourage you to check out the blogs listed under "other blogs of interest" on the right side of the page. I will be adding other quality blogs - some photography-related and others general writing. If you like what you see here, I would encourage you to support the others and create your own list. Let's see if we can create an informal social blogging group and help each other achieve the success we are looking for.

Thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your new site. I am looking forward to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following the blog Joe. You've got a great start with the first three photography posts. I love seeing all your photographs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Featured Post

Art Exhibit - Neon Spring

Neon Spring “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” - Rainer Maria...